Currently, there are two ways to install the Frills plug-ins, you can use the Eclipse update system to install the latest version of the Frills Feature, or you can download and install select plug-ins individually.Requirements
The Eclipse Frills plug-ins are developed and tested on:
- Eclipse 3.5.0, but will probably work on anything 3.4.x and above.
- Windows Vista and Ubuntu; however, there is no OS-specific code in these plug-ins so they should work anywhere Eclipse does.
- Java 6. Most of the plug-ins should work using Java 5; however, they have not been tested.
I tend to develop these for the version of Java and Eclipse that I am currently working on. Should you find any issues with the version you are running, please file a bug report and I will make sure that everything works for you.Download and install them individually
In order to pick and choose which plug-ins you get, you must download them individually.
- Go to the project download site https://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsefrills/files/ and download the desired plug-in.
- You will need the "net.sourceforge.eclipsefrills.core" plug-in if you do not already have it installed.
- Move the jar files into the
plug-insdirectory of your Eclipse installation.
- Start Eclipse (or restart if you already have it running).
If you want to install all of the plug-ins in one shot, this is the way to go.
- From the Eclipse menu select: Help > Software Updates > Find and Install
- Select "Search for new features to install" and click the Next button.
- Click the "New Remote Site..." button.
- Enter "Eclipse Frills" for the site name, and "http://eclipsefrills.sourceforge.net" for the URL, then click the OK button.
- Click the Finish button to start the update.
- Select your features and proceed through the installation.
- Once the download and installation have finished you will need to restart Eclipse.
You may also want to refer to the Eclipse documentation: Updating features with the update manager for more information related to installing updates.